Membership Campaign Resources for State Leaders
Membership Recruitment Ideas
- Make use of the three incentive programs now being offered states and members: the Student Membership Initiative, the Colleague Referral Program, and the Sing Up Complimentary Memberships. (See enclosed fliers.)
- Consider requesting appropriate modifications for the Student or Complimentary Memberships Programs (by September 1) ifyou feel those would make the programs better suited to your state’s needs. (See potential modifications on the enclosed fliers.)
- Reconnect with former members and invite them to rejoin. You can obtain a list from the ACDA national office of your state’s expired memberships. Contact Leane DeFrancis, membership coordinator, at (405) 232-8161, ext. 110.
Administrative and Peer Resources
- Facebook Group for Membership Chairs. “ACDA Membership Chairs” is a group specifically for membership chairs at the state and division levels to post questions and share experiences. Please join this community, share your progress and questions, and read others’ posts!
- Friend “Sing Up” on Facebook and/or follow her on Twitter to keep up with membership campaign news and to receive campaign items to share and retweet.
- Emails. During the campaign in September and October, Sundra Flansburg, director of membership development at the national office, will email you once a week or so to update you on the progress of the campaign. We’ll also ask you to let us know, when possible, how you are doing. Please participate!
- On our ACDA Sing Up thumb drive (included in the kit) and web pages (http://acda.org/singup), you will find many additional resources you can use, including (1) sample text to use in newsletters and elsewhere, (2) electronic versions of the forms, logos, and other items, and (3) talking points to justify ACDA membership dues with superintendents, boards, church pastors, and other institutional representatives.
ACDA national office contacts are always available during regular business hours to respond to questions, suggestions, and ideas:
For questions, information, and suggestions on the membership campaign:
Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership Development
(405) 232-8161, ext. 200 * firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions and requests concerning renewals, lists, and membership administration:
Leane DeFrancis, Membership Coordinator
(405) 232-8161, ext. 110 * email@example.com