ACDA STUDENT CHAPTERS
Does Your School Have an Active ACDA Student Chapter?
Not sure? Check the list of active student chapters (current as of December 15, 2016).
Let Us Know What Your Chapter Is Doing
ACDA's Choral Journal regularly includes Student Chapter Updates. Email news updates and photos to Sundra Flansburg, Membership Development Director. Updates should be 250 words or fewer and include the name and email address for the person we should contact if there are questions on the information. Also include the name of your college or university, and the state in which you are located. Preference is given to submissions that are interesting, creative, and relevant to other student chapters and the wider ACDA membership.
Are You Starting or Reactivating a Student Chapter?
We offer you a variety of resources and suggestions:
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About ACDA Student Chapters
Checklist for Chartering an ACDA Student Chapter
Application for ACDA Student Chapter Status
Student Chapter Sample Constitution (Word version
For schools who once had a chapter, just submit a Reactivation Form.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Amanda Quist, National Chair, Youth and Student Activities.
Email or mail forms to Leane DeFrancis, Membership Coordinator (American Choral Directors Association, 545 Couch Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73102-2207).
National Standards for Student Chapters
Successful collegiate ACDA chapters:
- Encourage and stimulate student membership and involvement in ACDA at the state, division, and national levels.
- Promote and recognize the involvement of ACDA student chapters on college campuses.
- Sponsor activities and sessions at the local level that engage the training and experience of student choral musicians.
- Encourage student attendance and involvement at ACDA division and national conferences through scholarship projects.
ACDA student activities include:
- Student symposia and workshops
- Conducting master classes
- Reading sessions
- Sponsorship of activities and sessions at ACDA conferences that directly relate to the training and experience of student choral musicians.