| Join or renew your membership now!|
Membership categories & types
Benefits of membership
How to renew your membership
Downloadable membership form
Welcome new members
Students and ACDA
Click here to learn more about how you can be involved with ACDA as a student.
Student Membership Options
We have a special membership category for students, with a reduced rate, and work hard to provide ACDA students with a range of opportunities and benefits that are specific to their situations.
Student membership is for high school, college or university, and graduate school students who don't yet have a paying choral position. At $35 per year, this membership category gives you access to almost all of the benefits of regular active membership. In addition, we are currently developing several new benefits that will specifically help student members. So stay tuned!
- For a limited time, you can take advantage of a special that allows recently graduated students (within two years of graduating) to continue student membership, if they haven't yet obtained a paying choral position. Just renew (or join) as a student.
- Some states have opted in to a special Student Membership Initiative that allows NEW student members to pay only $5 for their first year dues. Find out if your state is participating!
Current Student Benefits
Most ACDA members benefits are available to students as well. Two of note are (1) a choral conductor mentoring program that is currently being pilot tested, with rollout to the entire association planned very soon, and (2) student chapters, bringing student members of ACDA together on college campuses. To learn more about student chapters, click here. There, you can also find out how to start a chapter at your school, if there isn't one already. In addition:
- The Choral Journal in e-journal format
- ACDA's electronic journals ChorTeach (for the music educator) and the International Journal for Research in Choral Singing (for scholarly choral articles)
- Publish in the "Student Times" section of Choral Journal (for information, click here)
- Full conference and state meetings options, including graduate credit and Continuing Education Units for qualifying national and divisional conference activities
- Student scholarships to national and some divisional conferences
- Student conducting and composition awards
- Outstanding doctoral research award
Join ACDA Now!
Click here to join online, and click here to download a form to mail or fax to us.
A Tip on Your Account Information
Please consider including a permanent or medium-term mailing address and a personal email address when you enter your information online (or on a printed membership form). Student members of ACDA represent the membership group we most lose contact with due to old addresses and emails. You'll move on from your student days, but we hope you don't move on from ACDA!
"One more advantage to being a part of the 'choral community' - networking! You'll meet other choral directors [at a conference] and learn that they have some similar and some different circumstances from your own to share. And who knows? When you're looking for that job, maybe the job you're interviewing for will be one that was held by someone you talked to at a convention."
- Charles Livesay
|"Being a student, you might also find graduate school possibilities that you otherwise would have overlooked or not even know about if you were considering going on to get a graduate degree."|
- Daniel Farris