Robert Shaw Award
The Robert Shaw Choral Award
is given to a choral leader who has made unusual contributions to the art of choral music. The recipient is chosen by the ACDA Past Presidents' Council. The Robert Shaw Choral Award is presented during each National Conference.
The following criteria for selection were approved by the Past Presidents' Council in November 1990.
1. The recipient should be a member of ACDA (though there may be exceptions).
2. The recipient should be someone whose primary career is/was in the United States.
3. The recipient has made a significant contribution to the cause of the choral art in America.
4. Such contributions made may have been through teaching, conducting, or leadership.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 award. Deadline: August 31, 2018. To nominate someone for this award, please complete the online nomination form
(+ Wall of Honor Recipient)
- André Thomas
- Royce Saltzman
- Alice Parker
- Ann Howard Jones
- Gene Brooks (presented posthumously)*+
- Dale Warland
- Paul Salamunovich*+
- Warner Imig*+
- Colleen J. Kirk*+
- Weston Noble
- Harold A. Decker*+
- Howard Swan*+
- Roger Wagner (presented posthumously)*+
- Charles C. Hirt*+