Complimentary Membership Program
This initiative is open only Sept. 15 - Nov. 15, 2019
Each state is receiving 10 complimentary Active memberships to award. State leaders decide who are the best people to give them to, meeting the criteria that they will be new to ACDA or their membership has been expired at least 3 years, and they otherwise meet the requirements for Active membership.
If your state has additional people who qualify and a plan for special outreach and retention efforts for them, contact Sundra Flansburg (Director of Membership & Communications, at email@example.com
or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200) about the possibility of authorizing additional comp memberships.
These memberships are designed to bring in new members for a trial year, with the hope and expectation that they will experience first-hand the benefits of ACDA membership and renew on their own next year.
Considerations for states
- Awardees should qualify for Active membership.
- Your state needs a Retention Plan. Only about 20% of complimentary memberships are renewed the following year. We can improve that by making a special effort with these members!
- No refunds can be given to people who have already joined as a regular ACDA member, but later receive a complimentary certificate. Check with the national office if you would like to make sure that the people you are considering are not already members.
- Complimentary memberships must be activated, or postmarked, by November 15, 2019. (If you have an excellent idea for using these memberships that falls outside this time range, please contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200. She can pre-approve those usages.)
Implementing the program
- There are special membership forms to use for this program. State presidents must authorize/sign the form, and provide to selected new members. New members will need to complete the paper form and mail it to the ACDA national office using the address on the form, or email it to email@example.com. Complimentary membership forms: downloadable PDF form (Word version).
- You can keep track of who has activated their complimentary membership by regularly visiting this page and the list below. This list is updated daily.
- Once a new membership is processed, the ACDA national office will send the members a new member packet, as well as begin their subscription to Choral Journal. We strongly encourage states to proactively engage these members and check in with them throughout the year.
Contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200.
Activated complimentary memberships
The number in parentheses represents the total number of complimentary memberships that have been activated by new members for the state. The names listed following the state name are the actual complimentary memberships that have been received by the national office.
State Name (number activated) - Names of activated new members
(6) - Fred Milner, Jenny Rathsburg, Olivia Gardner, Joseph J. Rafferty, Dana Graybeal, Erin Parrott
(2) - Amelia James, Brittany Joerger
(3) - Nancy Curry, Jessica Sawall, Timothy Satterfield
(5) - Amber Faircloth, Amy Parks, Christian Nyman, Scott Ziegler, Andrea Green
(4) - Tony Aaron Hambrick, Donal Noonan, Matthew Nedvin, Robert Figueroa
- Adriana Caloca-Sene, Sarah Kateifides
(3) - Amy Parry, Caleb Staehr, Erika Register
(2) - Victoria Schaefer, Lamonte Kuskye
(1) - Katie Stueve
(4) - Linda J Aiken, Kathleen Penza, Christopher Stone, Gayna Akillian
(4) - Raphael L. Price, Schianti Jaramillo, Maxwell Trombley, Devyn Mitchell
(9) - Katie Krueger, Hannah Schendel, Leah Mockenhaupt, Megan Fishman, Kimberly Keaton, Margaret Kielas, Tatum DeBlieck, Brandon Hurley, Emma Shukle
(1) - Petrina Judon McIntosh
(1) - Nate Louisgnau
(5) - Alicia Rockenhauser, Emma Nelson, Laura Green, Amy Moldoff, Brian E. Moore
(1) - Sara Paduano-Moth
(1) - Stephanie Peo
(6) - Katie Silcott, Rebecca S Huddilston, Russell C. Oates, Chris Hines, Valerie Buckley, Stephanie Higgins
(2) - Lori Smithey, Emily Calhoun
(1) - Erin Hoffacker
(1) - Julia McCallum
(6) - Ali Hefner, Jody Roseland, Kari Vosburg, Sonja Waltner, Jeanie Wieger, Kimberly Steger
(2) - Sarah Bailey, Brian Reed