Complimentary Membership Program
This initiative is open only Sept. 15 - Nov. 15, 2018
Each state is receiving 10 complimentary Active memberships to award. State leaders decide who are the best people to give them to, meeting the criteria that they will be new to ACDA or their membership has been expired at least 3 years, and they otherwise meet the requirements for Active membership.
If your state has additional people who qualify and a plan for special outreach and retention efforts for them, contact Sundra Flansburg (Director of Membership & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200) about the possibility of authorizing additional comp memberships.
These memberships are designed to bring in new members for a trial year, with the hope and expectation that they will experience first-hand the benefits of ACDA membership and renew on their own next year.
Considerations for states
- Awardees should qualify for Active membership.
- Your state needs a Retention Plan. Only about 20% of complimentary memberships are renewed the following year. We can improve that by making a special effort with these members!
- No refunds can be given to people who have already joined as a regular ACDA member, but later receive a complimentary certificate. Check with the national office if you would like to make sure that the people you are considering are not already members.
- Complimentary memberships must be activated, or postmarked, by November 15, 2018.
Implementing the program
- There are special membership forms to use for this program. State presidents must authorize/sign the form, and provide to selected new members. New members will need to complete the paper form and mail it to the ACDA national office using the address on the form, or email it to email@example.com. Complimentary membership forms: downloadable PDF form (Word version ).
- You can keep track of who has activated their complimentary membership by regularly visiting this page and the list below. This list is updated daily.
- Once a new membership is processed, the ACDA national office will send the members a new member packet, as well as begin their subscription to Choral Journal. We strongly encourage states to proactively engage these members and check in with them throughout the year.
Contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200.
Activated complimentary memberships
The number in parentheses represents the total number of complimentary memberships that have been activated by new members for the state. The names listed following the state name are the actual complimentary memberships that have been received by the national office.
State Name (number activated) - Names of activated new members
(1) - LaDonna Taylor
Britny Bradshaw*, Stephen Courtright*, Roger David*, Sara Guhl*, Keyti Heller*, Tasha Moore*, Mary Catherine Moroney*, Kelly Rentz*, Ahne Schield*
(12) - Tracy Brown, Christine Chenoweth, Jeanie Danielson, Theresa A. Dick, Michael Grimm, Geoff Hutter, Virginia Pond, Kristin Rebb, Brandon Stroup, Cheryl Tucker, Eric Walden, Gene Willey
(20) - Sarah Barthel, Judith Chan, Elijah Cineas, Arielle Deem, Kibsaim Escarcega, Grace Kwon, David Saul Lee, Laura Lin (Xhi Xian), Christopher Maurer, Peter Meredith, Brittany Petersen, Rikki Pratt, Susan Selstad, Anthony Sidney, Courtney Smith, Benjamin Stanton, Rebecca M. Venlet, Topher von Kolen, Ken Walker, Lorraine Joy Welling
(2) Claire Dupre, Michael Vescoro*
(2) Russell Goetz, Brad Whitenight*
(5) Antoine Bray, Stacy Dean, Travis Graham, Benjamin Luke Roberson, Anna Stuart
(4) - Thomas Fulton, Isaac Funk, Emily Hartzell, Juliet Minard
(5) - Kristy Broers, Cathy Hannon, Amber Hansen, Hannah Nunnenkamp-Engelman, Julie Skalak
(4) - Heath Brandyberry*, Paula Leverett*, Lauren Suchy*, Garrett Viets*
(2) - Stephanie Lancaster, Mason Rice
(7) Allysa Anderson, Virgil Bozeman, Anne Brady, Melody R Hasbrouck, Symantha Morales, Jennifer Precopio, Carlena Smith
(1) - Barbar Bluger Verdile
(10) - Rachel Carroll, Jacob Chippo, Maxwell King Evrard, Mark Femino, Richard Larraga, Kevin Lyczak, Raymond Sewell, Elizabeth Schorr, Marla Rivera White, Patricia Yee
(3) - Giustino P. Carrano, Dustin Morris, Inger L. Oswald
(11) - Nikita Albrecht, Corey Cellurale, Kathryn Freeman, Brianna Granby, Lori Koski, Nathan Lange, David Reeves, Jessica Roskamp, Sarah Schulte, Richard Thomas, Marin Werdahl
(7) - Ruthie Carter, Andrew Fansher, Katie Fischer, Dustin Griffin*, Heather Hamilton, Kaitlin Long, Melodye Moore
(2) Mary Ann Meissner*, Denise Raunch*
(4) - Brianne Biastoff, Maureen Fortier, Julia Horaj, Ellie Samuelson
(9) - Gabriele Hingelberg, Kason Jackson, Aileen Koch, Daniel Malloy, Michael McCormick, Hope Miladinovich, Tyrone Whiting, Donna Ward, Devin Wason
(4) - Kody Andreas, Marissa Cote, Holden Maiorana, Matthew Zydel
(10) Abby Auman, Beth Coldiron, Emily Lott*, Suzanne Maggs, Sarah McCraw*, Adam Mitchell, Angie Smith, Erin Strickland, Mathew Wells, Brandon Winbush
(9) - Kylie Doppler, Hannah Gress, Andria Hart, Chandler Hertz, Bryan Lewis, Marquita Marquez-Grewatz, Alyssa Nelson, Ellen Schnabel, Molly Schweitzer
(7) - Lane Harris*, J. Lloyd Kauffman, Taylor Limbert, Ariel Stehura, Erin Stetler, Zack A Triscari, Josiah Troyer
(11) - Jaron William Christman*, Marc Dana, Lauren Duplessie, Kristin Gordon George, Adam Johnson, Rick Johnson, Michael MacLean, Julie Miller, Megan Schaper, John Walling, Alyssa Whitworth
(2) Lindsey Parker, Brock Smith,
(8) - Nathanial Collins, Anna Heeren, Hillary Hill, Jennifer Karlen, Holli Medhaug, Mark Nelsen, Angie O'Shea, Teresa Preisner
(9) Emma Allyn, Holly Yearout Delong, Charles D Flynn, Rosalyn Lake, Ramon Moss, Jasmine Murray, Chiquita Paulson, Allison Senyard, Kaylee Stowers
(2) - Diana Glissmeyer*, Paula Isaacson
(7) - Raymond Cole, Chelsea Gibbs, Roger Grow*, Lorraine Monmaney, James Pecsok, Lynne Robbins*, Bridgette Tozzi
(6) - Chirstopher Badgett, Ajee V. Church*, Randall Egan, Emily McCraw, Melissa Payes*, Bryan K Underwood*
(4) - Michael Carpenter, Briana Pudsell, Angela Smith, Seth Stemple
(2) - Drew Brown, Trisha Nix*
*not included in membership drive totals (form received after deadline)