Student Chapter Annual Report Due Every Year on May 1
The annual report form is short and sweet! Once you complete it, submit by email (email@example.com
), fax (405-232-8162), or regular mail (ACDA, 545 Couch Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73102). Every student chapter must submit a report every year in order to stay active in ACDA's records. Active chapters are notified when student-focused opportunities arise, such as scholarships, student events, and so on.
Does Your School Have an Active ACDA Student Chapter?
Let Us Know What Your Chapter Is Doing
ACDA's Choral Journal regularly includes Student Chapter Updates. Email news updates and photos to Sundra Flansburg
, Director of Membership & Communications. Updates should be 250 words or fewer and include the name and email address for the person we should contact if there are questions on the information. Also include the name of your college or university, and the state in which you are located. Preference is given to submissions that are interesting, creative, and relevant to other student chapters and the wider ACDA membership.
Are You Starting or Reactivating a Student Chapter?
We offer you a variety of resources and suggestions:
For schools who once had a chapter, just submit a Reactivation Form
Please contact Jason Bishop
, National Chair, Youth and Student Activities.
Email or mail forms to Leane DeFrancis
, Membership Coordinator (American Choral Directors Association, 545 Couch Dr., Oklahoma City, OK 73102-2207).
National Standards for Student Chapters
Successful collegiate ACDA chapters:
- Encourage and stimulate student membership and involvement in ACDA at the state, division, and national levels.
- Promote and recognize the involvement of ACDA student chapters on college campuses.
- Sponsor activities and sessions at the local level that engage the training and experience of student choral musicians
- Encourage student attendance and involvement at ACDA division and national conferences through scholarship projects.
ACDA student activities include:
- Student symposia and workshops
- Conducting master classes
- Reading sessions
- Sponsorship of activities and sessions at ACDA conferences that directly
relate to the training and experience of student choral musicians.