Frequently Asked Questions


How do I find my username or password? How do I get logged in?
  1. Look for the Sign In button on, located at the top right of your screen. Click on that link to begin your log-in experience.
  2. Use your email as your username; or, click on the Forgot username? button if you don't remember your username.

    Keep in mind – Your log-in email address may not be your most recent email; it is the email that you created your account with or otherwise had identified as your primary email address. To update your email username, please call the membership and communications coordinator at (405) 232-8161, ext. 110.

  3. If you know your email but do not remember your password, Click on the Forgot Password? link (under the Sign In button) to receive an email with your password reset link.
  4. If you still cannot log on – stay with us – we will help you work out the issue. Simply call (405) 232-8161, ext. 110 to talk with the membership & communications coordinator

How do I join ACDA?
If you have ever had an account with ACDA, please do not use the Join Now option - you will still have a membership account with us. Instead, jump to the next question, which has instructions on how to renew or reactivate your account.

For more information on how to join ACDA for the first time, click here or watch this tutorial video:

How do I renew my ACDA membership? 
If you have ever had an account with ACDA please do not use the Join Now button. Click here to go to your profile and renew your membership. Watch this tutorial video for more information on how to renew your membership:

How do I change my username and password?
  1. Your username cannot be changed useless you contact an ACDA staff member. If you would like your username changed, please call one ACDA's national office staff members. 
  2. If you would like to change your password, simply sign in on the ACDA website. In the top right corner you will see your first and last name. Click on your name to go to your ACDA member profile. Once you are there, click on Preferences, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the Change password link.

I was late getting my membership renewed and I have missed a few issues of Choral Journal. How do I get the copies of the journals I have missed?
  1. If you do not know how many issues of the journal you missed, sign in to your ACDA account and look at the month that your membership expired. Choral Journal issues are sent out one month ahead of time, so if you renewed your membership in January, then you will not receive the January journal. Here is an example of how to calculate the number of journals you have missed:
    • If your ACDA membership lapsed on October 30, and you didn't renew until January 1 - you missed the November, December, and January issues. 
  2. Contact ACDA national office receptionist, Olga Funderburk, at (405) 232-8161, to request any missing issues.
    • The price for each issue of Choral Journal is $3.00.
How do I start a start an ACDA student chapter at my college or university?
  1. Student chapters are where future generations of choral directors are identified and developed. Here are the three key thing you need to start a student chapter:
    • A faculty sponsor - Must be an ACDA member
    • A chapter constitution 
    • A president of the group - Must be an ACDA member
  2. To access any of the forms or templates needed to start your own student chapter, visit our student membership page

How do I know if I qualify as a student member? Or, how do I switch between a Student and an Active membership?
  1. School is an active part of many lives, and ACDA actively supports members furthering their education. However, sometimes the switch from Student to Active or Active to Student is not clear cut. How do you know if you qualify for Student membership?
    • Student members should be enrolled full time (typically 4 to 5 classes) in a given school year.
    • Students are not employed part-time or full-time as a choral director while taking classes. If you are receiving income from your work as a choral director, you should maintain your Active membership.
  2. In order to switch between Active and Student membership, or vice versa, the ACDA national office must make a manual change to your account. Please contact the membership & communications coordinator  (405-232-8161, ext. 110). Please note: if you intend to change your membership category when you renew your membership, the category change must happen first. 

What should I do if my membership renewal button does not work when I click on it but my membership is about to expire/has expired?
  1. Sign in to your account on and click on the shopping cart, which appears next to "Hi, [first name][last name]". 
    • If you have previously added your membership renewal to your shopping cart, you will find your renewal in your cart. To restart the process, click on the shopping care to check out in your cart as normal. 
  2. If you have paid your renewal dues, but they have not yet posted to your account, your profile will have a deactivated renewal button (this is to avoid double payments!). Payments normally take one-two business days to post on your account, and your membership to show as renewed and active. If you received a confirmation email about your dues being paid, then you are a renewed member and do not need to renew your account again for a full year. 
  3. If neither of the above two scenarios apply to you, please call (405) 232-8161, ext. 110 to talk to the membership & communications coordinator. He will work with your situation to resolve it immediately.

What should I do if my credit card is declined at the end of the payment process, but I know that the credit card is valid and working?
  1. The most common issue related to credit card declines is a mismatched billing address. Look at the address showing on the page you have entered your card information. Is it the billing address for your card?
  2. If you need to add or update a billing address so it matches your card, simply change the address on your payment information to be the same as your billing address. If this does not fix your issue, then please contact your bank for more information.
  3. Note: If your credit card has been declined because of an incorrect billing address, your banking information may show the payment as a pending transaction. This pending payment will not remain on your bank account for more than two to three days; it will disappear when the bank received information that your card was declined. Your credit card in this instance will never have been charged and no money will have been transferred out of your account. 

How do I find my ACDA state or regional website?
  1. Look no further than the Chapters tab underneath the "About" heading. The chapters page has a map and a list showing which region your state chapter is a part of. The list also provides links to each state and regional website. Simply click on the name of your state and region once you are on the chapters page and you will be directed to the appropriate website.
What do I do if my account is about to lapse but my Renew Now button is not showing?
  1. If your account is about to expire but your Renew Now button is not active, check your shopping cart to see if your membership has been moved there. If you see there, you can click on the shopping cart and continue with the renewal process.