Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find my username or password
- How do I join ACDA?
- How do I renew my ACDA account?
- How do I change my username and password?
- I was late getting my membership renewed and I have missed a few Choral Journals. How do I get the copies of the journals I have missed?How do I start a student chapter?
- How do I start a student chapter?
- How do I know if I qualify as a student member? OR how do I switch between a student membership and an active membership?
- What should I do if my membership renewal button does not work when I click on it?
- What should I do if my credit card is declining at the end of the payment process with ACDA but I know that the credit card is function fine with other transactions?
- What do I do if I cannot find my ACDA state or division website?
How do I find my username or password/get logged in?
- At the sign in button on acda.org, located at the top right of your screen, click to begin your login experience
- Use your email as your username for your account or click on the “Forgot username?” button
Keep in mind – This may not be your most recent email, but the email that you originally created your account with – to update your email username call the Membership and Communication Coordinator, Garrett Hammonds at (405) 232-8161.
- If you know your email but do not remember your password try clicking on the “Forgot Password?” button to receive an email with your password.
- What do I do if I cannot find my ACDA state or division website?>What do I do if I cannot find my ACDA state or division website?
- If you still cannot log on – stay with us – we will help you work out the issue. Simply call (405) 232-8161; 110 to talk to the Membership and Communications Coordinator,Garrett Hammonds.
How do I Join ACDA?
If you have ever had an account with ACDA, please do not use the join now option. Instead, watch the renew now video below. For more information how how to join for the first time - watch this tutorial video:
How do I renew my ACDA account?
If you have ever had an account with ACDA please do not use the Join Now button. Watch this tutorial video for more information on how to renew your membership:
How do I change my username and password?
- Your username cannot be changed useless you contact an ACDA staff member. If you would like your username changed please call one of the national office ACDA staff members.
- If you would like to change your password simply sign on to the ACDA website. In the top right corner you will see your first and last name, click on your name and go to the "my account" option. Once you go to your account then click on preferences, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the change my password link.
I was late getting my membership renewed and I have missed a few Choral Journals. How do I get the copies of the journals I have missed?
- If you do not know how many months of the journal you may have missed - sign in to your ACDA account and look at the month that your membership expired. ACDA chorals are sent out 1 month ahead of time so if you renewed your account in January then you will not receive the January Journal. Here is an example of how to calculate the number of journals you have missed:
- If my last month at ACDA was on October 30th and I renewed my membership on January the 1st - I will need journals for November, December, and January.
- Contact ACDA Receptionist out our national office, Olga Funderburk (405) 232-8161, and Olga will send you any missing copies that you need.
- Each copy of individual Choral Journals costs $3.00 to purchase
How do I start a start a student chapter at my high school or University?
- Student chapters are the future generations of Choir Directors that make the world go around - here are the three key thing you need to start a student chapter:
- A faculty sponsor - Must be an ACDA member
- A chapter constitution
- A president of the group - Must be an ACDA member
- If you would like access to any of the forms or templates needed to start your own student chapter then try our student membership page
How do I know if I qualify as a student member? OR How do I switch between a student membership and an active membership?
- Often school is an active part of many of our members lives, and we want to be as supportive of members furthering their education as we can! But sometimes members switch from student members to active members back to student members - so how do you know if you qualify as a student member? Here are some recommendations for student membership:
- Student members should be enrolled full time (typically 4 to 5 classes) in a given school year
- Students should not be receiving part-time or full-time employment as a choral director while taking classes in order to qualify as a student member - If you are receiving part-time or full-time payment as a choral director we ask that you remain under active membership status
- In order to switch between active membership and student membership the national ACDA office has to make a manual change to your account. Please contact the Director of Membership and Communications, Sundra Flansburg (405) 232-8161; 200, who will help you change account status. To renew your account under the correct status, the manual change from the national office has to happen first.
What should I do if my membership renewal button does not work when I click on it but my membership is about to expire/has expired?
- Sign into your acda account on acda.org and click on the cart button right next to your name which appears "Hi, [first name][last name]".
- If you have previously added your membership renewal to your shopping cart then it will be present in your cart which will have deactivated your button. At this point you may either remove the renewal from your cart so as to renew using your orange renewal button found on your account, or you could simply proceed to check out in your cart as normal.
- If you have already put a payment through for renewal but it has not posted to your account yet, this may show up on your screen as deactivating your renewal button but it appears as if your account is still expired/expiring. The payment processing takes 1-2 business days to post on your account. However, if you have received a confirmation email then you are a renewed member and do not need to renew your account again for 1 full year.
- If neither of the above two scenarios apply to you then please call (405) 232-8161; 110 to talk to the Membership and Communications Coordinator, Garrett Hammonds
What should I do if my credit card is declining at the end of the payment process with ACDA but I know that the credit card is function fine with other transactions?
- If your credit card is declining and you do not know why - look at the address on your payment process
- The address that is attached to your ACDA profile will automatically insert itself into the payment information. If the address that is attached to your profile is different then your billing address, our system will decline your card.
- To fix this problem, simply change the address on your payment information to be the same as your billing address. If this does not fix your issue, then please contact your bank for more information
Note: If your credit card has been declined due to you not having the correct billing address, this may show up on your banking information temporarily as a pending payment. This pending payment will not remain on your bank account for more than 2-3 days before disappearing due to the bank receiving information that the card was declined. Your card in this instance will have never been charged and no money will have been transfered out of your account if it was declined.
What do I do if I cannot find my ACDA state or division website?
- If you are looking for your ACDA state or divisional website, then look no further than the Chapters tab underneath the "About" heading. The chapters page is dedicated to telling you what division you are in and giving you a link to each state and divisional website. Simply click on the name of your state and division once you are on the chapters page and you will be linked straight to the appropriate website.