Whether you are a conductor, administrator, student, or retired - or even a fan - we have a membership option that will work for you. A brief description of each member category is provided below. Please be aware that different categories have different benefits - click here to review benefits for each category.
Individual Membership Options
- This is the correct category for the vast majority of our members. You are an active member if you have a paid part-time or full-time choral position, or are responsible for the administration of a choral program. (Active members in Minnesota must add $15 for state chapter dues; members in Iowa must add $3 for state dues.)
- If you are a member who has attained retirement status, we encourage you to maintain your membership in ACDA in this category. This category, with a reduced dues that also keep most Active member benefits, is a courtesy for former Active members who have retired from all paid choral position, full-time or part-time. (Retired members in Minnesota must add $15 for state chapter dues.)
- You may select Student membership
if you are a high school or college/university student AND do not have a paid full-time or part-time choral position. (If you have any paid choral position, you should choose Active membership.) Please understand that the lower dues we have established for students is our entire membership's investment in the next generation of choral professionals, and is not designed for someone who is taking classes while continuing to earn a part-time or full-time living from their choral work.
You may also use the Student category upon leaving school for up to two years, until you are able to secure a paid position, either part-time or full-time. We trust our members to act in accordance with the spirit of this gesture, understanding that it is a temporary way for individuals to be a part of the ACDA community until they begin to earn income that will allow them to be a full member. Student members receive online access to the Choral Journal
- If you are not currently an active choral conductor but you are interested in choral music and directing, this is your category for membership. Please be aware that this category is basically an online membership. Associate members receive an online Choral Journal, and are not eligible to sponsor students for Honor Choirs or attend conferences.(Associate members in Minnesota must add $15 for state chapter dues.)
- Members and potential members living outside the United States and Canada should use the international member category. Please note that the reduced price reflects the fact that the Choral Journal will only be available to international members in its online form.
Life ($3,000, or $200 per year for 15 years)
- If you have been an ACDA Active member for at least 10 years, you may become a Life member by paying $3,000 in dues (lump sum, or paid over a maximum of 15 years, at least $200 per year). While you are paying, you are a "Paying Life" member. Life and Paying Life members have all of the benefits of Active membership, and once the payment is completed, are never charged for membership dues again.
Non-Member (Free of Charge)
- If you would like to sign on to the ACDA website without being a paying member, you may sign up on a courtesy account or non-member account. This essentially functions as a guest account which allows you to have access to pay for special events or other various offers as a non-member. However, this account will not give you access to the majority of functions on the website. If you already have a pre-existing account with ACDA please do not sign up with a non-member account as it displaces ACDA's ability to have your information in one collected spot.
Institutional or Business Membership Options
- Institution ($125) - This category is for ensembles or school/church music departments.
- Industry ($150) - This category is for music-related businesses.
- Library subscriptions to the Choral Journal (not an ACDA membership). Please contact Olga Funderburk (Tel: 405-232-8161, ext. 108) for information, including pricing.
Have Any Membership Questions?
Here at ACDA we value your membership and want you to feel taken care of! If you have general questions that you may not know the answer to - try our frequently asked questions page. If you prefer more direct assistance call one of our ADCA staff members .