Student Membership Options
We have a special membership category for students, with a reduced rate, and work hard to provide ACDA students with a range of opportunities and benefits that are specific to their situations.
At $35 per year, this membership is discounted from the $125 Active rate in order to open the door to ACDA membership a little wider for this group.
Some states have opted in to a special Student Membership Initiative that allows NEW student members to pay only $5 for their first year dues. Learn more and find out if your state is participating
Student membership is for high school, college or university, and graduate school students who don't yet have a paying choral position.
Current Student Benefits
Most ACDA members benefits are available to students as well. Some that are especially for students and young professionals:
- ACDA Mentoring Program, a choral conductor mentoring program
- The Choral Journal in e-journal format
- ACDA's electronic journals ChorTeach (for the music educator) and the International Journal for Research in Choral Singing (for scholarly choral articles)
- Publish in the "Student Times" section of Choral Journal (for information, click here)
- Full conference and state meetings options, including graduate credit and Continuing Education Units for qualifying national and regional conference activities
- Student scholarships sometimes available to national and some divisional conferences
- Graduate student and undergraduate student conducting and student composition competitions, masterclasses, and awards
- Outstanding doctoral research award
ACDA Student Chapters
Are you interested in impacting your campus as an ACDA member? Start a student chapter! All you need is a chapter advisor, a student president, and a group who wants to share in your choral work! Click here to check out our repertoire and resources
page for more student chapter information! Some of the resources you will find are:
Join ACDA Now!
Click here to join online
, and click here to download a form
to mail or fax to us. When joining online:
A Tip on Your Account Information
- Click on "Join Now" and fill in your contact information to create an account.
- When you click on "Save," you will be taken to the second page, which will give you an option to select Student Membership. Just follow the instructions from there!
Please consider including a permanent or medium-term mailing address and a personal email address
when you enter your information online (or on a printed membership form). Student members of ACDA represent the membership group we most lose contact with due to old addresses and emails. You'll move on from your student days, but we hope you don't move on from ACDA!