Information on ACDA Student Chapters
Graduate Student Conducting Competition & Undergraduate Masterclass
Sponsored by Manhattan Concert Productions
The masterclass and conducting competition are held every other year at the ACDA National Conference. Congratulations to Hana J. Cai (Indiana University), winner of the 2019 Graduate Student Conducting Competition.
Student Chapter Award
Congratulations to the Ithaca College ACDA Student Chapter, winner of the 2019 Outstanding Student Chapter Award!
Join the ACDA Student Involvement Initiative on Facebook
Click here for information on ACDA's 2017-2018 Student Membership Campaign.
ACDA is interested in helping you create connections. Click here to find out more about ACDA's National Mentorship program
Would you like to submit an article for the "Student Times" section of the Choral Journal? Contact "Student Times" editor Jason Paulk
for more information.
Student Chapter Updates
We would love to know what your student chapter is doing! If you would like to see your student chapter featured here or in the Choral Journal, please send student chapter updates to Sundra Flansburg
National Standards For Student Chapters
Successful ACDA Student Chapters will:
- Encourage and stimulate student membership and involvement in ACDA at the State, Divisional, and National levels.
- Promote and recognize the involvement of ACDA Student Chapters on college campuses.
- Sponsor activities and sessions at the local level that engage the training and experience of student choral musicians.
- Encourage student attendance and involvement at ACDA Divisional and National Conferences through scholarship projects.
ACDA Student Activities include:
- Student symposia and workshops
- Conducting masterclasses
- Reading sessions
- Sponsorship of activities and sessions at ACDA conferences that directly
relate to the training and experience of student choral musicians
For additional information, please e-mail David Edmonds
, National R&R Chair for Student Activities.