Most ACDA members benefits are available to students as well. Some that are especially for students and young professionals:
ACDA Student Chapters
National Standards for Student Chapters
Successful collegiate ACDA chapters
ACDA student activities include
- Encourage and stimulate student membership and involvement in ACDA at the state, division, and national levels.
- Promote and recognize the involvement of ACDA student chapters on college campuses.
- Sponsor activities and sessions at the local level that engage the training and experience of student choral musicians.
- Encourage student attendance and involvement at ACDA division and national conferences through scholarship projects.
There are about 130 ACDA Student Chapters on campuses across the country. Click here to view the list and to see if your campus has one.
- Student symposia and workshops
- Conducting master classes
- Reading sessions
- Sponsorship of activities and sessions at ACDA conferences that
directly relate to the training and experience of student choral
Already Have a Chapter? Keep It Active by Submitting Your Annual Report by May 15
The ACDA Student Chapter annual report form is
due every year, and is short and sweet! Your report keeps your chapter
on the active list for the following school year, and keeps us informed
of current chapter leadership and activities. Annual Report found here.
Share News about Your Chapter!
ACDA's Choral Journal regularly includes Student Chapter updates. Email news updates and photos to Trina Kopacka,
ACDA's membership & communications coordinator. Updates should be
250 words or fewer and include the name and email address for the person
we should contact if there are questions on the information. Also
include the name of your college or university, and the state in which
you are located. Preference is given to submissions that are
interesting, creative, and relevant to other student chapters and the
wider ACDA membership.
Be a Part of ACDA's Instagram (@acda_nation) Highlights - #Noted
ACDA wants to highlight your success. Please send in pictures of your group to the Trina Kopacka, so as to be featured on the ACDA Instagram.
Student Involvement Facebook Initiative
Looking for project ideas?
Start a student chapter!
- ChorTransform is
an initiative designed to employ the hallmarks of service-learning in a partnership between colleges/universities, ACDA student chapters, and local choral programs. The distinctive focus of this partnership is to equip pre-service choral directors to be effective in settings that are outside of their usual experiences (e.g., urban settings, rural settings, underserved populations, under-resourced programs, programs with a lack of administrative or community support), and to gain insight into the challenges of early career teacher. More here
Are you interested in impacting your campus as an ACDA member? All you need is a chapter advisor, a student president, and a group who wants to share in your choral work!
If you want to establish a brand new student chapter, once you lay the
groundwork on campus, please submit (1) a completed application form and
(2) a copy of your student chapter constitution. We require that your
chapter advisor be a current ACDA member, as well as your student
chapter president. Of course, we encourage all of the student chapter
members be ACDA members, and in participating states, that may only be
$5 for your first year (learn more about the Student Membership Initiative.
For schools that once had a chapter, just submit a Reactivation Form.
Reactivate an Inactive Student Chapter
Questions and Contacts
- For additional information and ideas for student chapters, please e-mail David Edmonds, National Resources and Repertoire Chair for Student Activities.
- Please contact Trina Kopacka, membership & communications coordinator for questions about becoming a student chapter, or keeping your chapter active.
Student chapter forms can also be emailed or mailed to her (American
Choral Directors Association, 545 Couch Dr., Oklahoma City, OK