Auditioned Choirs, Interest Sessions, and Insight Choirs
Results notifications were emailed on June 30 for the 2023 ACDA Conference Performing Choirs, Insight Choirs, and Interest Sessions. If you applied and did not receive an email, please check your spam/junk folder and then contact:
Honor Choirs will be a meaningful and impactful experience for students at the 2023 National Conference.
Auditions open September 1, 2022.
Application Opens: October 3, 2022
Deadline for Application: October 19, 2022
Applicants will be notified by December 1, 2022
Call to Publishers
Thank you for your interest. The call to publishers is now closed.
Opening October 5!
Additional details coming soon.
ACDA 2023: A Place of Belonging
Belonging is fundamental to being human. In our choirs, within our institutions, and as members of the greater chorus of humanity, belonging to a community means that each member is heard, understood, seen, and valued.
The 2023 National Conference in Cincinnati welcomes us all back in person to a place where we can celebrate our diversity and affinities, eliminate barriers, and inspire each other towards collective action ensuring that everyone feels they belong to our shared journey.
- The May Festival Chorus & Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, (Juanjo Mena, conductor) featuring a world premiere by James Lee III
- The Jason Max Ferdinand Singers
- The Crossing (Donald Nally, conductor) featuring the premier of the Brock Commission by Jennifer Higdon
National Honor Choirs (Audition information available in June; Auditions open in September)
- Elementary, conducted by Fernando Malvar-Ruiz
- MS/JH Mixed, conducted by Andrea Ramsey
- HS SATB, conducted by Eugene Rogers
- HS SSAA, conducted by Pearl Shangkuan
Conference Attendee Immersion Choirs
- Latinoamérica Immersion Choir: Maria Guinand, conductor
- Black Diaspora Immersion Choir: Donald Dumpson, conductor
- Indigenous People’s Immersion Choir: Jace Saplan, conductor
- Jazz Immersion Choir: Matt Falker, conductor
- Dozens of Auditioned Choirs
- Scores of Interest and Insight Choir Sessions
- National Collegiate Conductor’s Institute, featuring Graduate & Undergraduate student masterclasses and conducting pedagogy sessions
- Music in Worship: How Good and Pleasant: the Song of Belonging, an interfaith event presented in partnership with–and within–the magnificent Wise Temple
- Composers Fair and dedicated Composer Room to network with your favorite composers
- Pre-Conference Welcome Concert: Your Hand and Mine, featuring the Cincinnati Youth Choir (Robyn Reeves Lana, conductor), the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music Chamber Choir (Joe Miller, conductor), and combined Cincinnati-area high school choirs (Henry Leck, conductor)
…and so much more, all within our amazing venues:
- Cincinnati Music Hall
- Aronoff Center Theaters
- Isaac M. Wise Temple
- Duke Energy Convention Center for all interest sessions, exhibits, and publisher showcases