Sponsored by Manhattan Concert Productions
The masterclass and conducting competition are held every other year at the ACDA National Conference. Watch for information on the conference page about application deadlines and requirements for the 2019 conference in Kansas City.
Congratulations to the Northern Arizona University - Flagstaff ACDA Student Chapter, winner of the 2016-2017 Outstanding Student Chapter Award! Read the press release here.
Would you like to submit an article for the "Student Times" section of the Choral Journal? Contact "Student Times" editor Jason Paulk for more information.
Student Chapter Updates
We would love to know what your student chapter is doing! If you would like to see your student chapter featured here or in the Choral Journal, please send student chapter updates to Sundra Flansburg.
NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR STUDENT CHAPTERS
Successful ACDA Student Chapters will:
1. Encourage and stimulate student membership and involvement in ACDA at the State, Divisional, and National levels.
2. Promote and recognize the involvement of ACDA Student Chapters on college campuses.
3. Sponsor activities and sessions at the local level that engage the training and experience of student choral musicians.
4. Encourage student attendance and involvement at ACDA Divisional and National Conferences through scholarship projects.
ACDA Student Activities include:
1. Student symposia and workshops
2. Conducting masterclasses
3. Reading sessions
4. Sponsorship of activities and sessions at ACDA conferences that directly relate to the training and experience of student choral musicians
For additional information, please e-mail Jason Bishop, National R&R Chair for Student Activities.