Most ACDA members benefits are available to students as well. Some that are especially for students and young professionals.:
- The Choral Journal in e-journal format, which regularly includes columns aimed at student interests
- ACDA’s electronic journals ChorTeach (for the music educator) and the International Journal for Research in Choral Singing (for scholarly choral articles)
- Publish in the “Student Times” section of Choral Journal (for information, contact Student Times editor, Jason Paulk)
- Full conference and state meetings options, including graduate credit and Continuing Education Units for qualifying national and regional conference activities
- Student scholarships sometimes available to national and some regional conferences
Student Competitions and Awards
- Graduate student conducting competition, undergraduate student conducting masterclass, and student composition competitions
- Outstanding Student Chapter Award
- Outstanding doctoral research award: Julius Herford Dissertation Prize
- ACDA Student Chapters. Want to find out if your campus has an existing chapter? Do you want to start a chapter? Click here for more
- ACDA Mentoring Program, a choral conductor mentoring program
Ready to Join?
We a student special running July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021, which gives new student members membership for $5.