September 19 – October 16, 2022
Thank you for a great #IamACDA campaign
State chapters did wonderful work this fall. Many conducted active social media campaigns about ACDA, with testimonials, photos, and other highlights. While some states were “winners” in the campaign based on increases in membership from last year, all of us end up being winners with more members devoted to ACDA’s mission.
Top 5 States in Active Membership Growth
Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, Kentucky, and South Carolina.
Chapters with at Least 10% Growth in Active Membership
- Louisiana (63.5%)
- Mississippi (32.6%)
- Nevada (25.0%)
- Kentucky (22.6%)
- South Carolina (19.9%)
- Alabama (19.8%)
- Maryland-D.C. (14.5%)
- Ohio (13.0%)
- New Mexico (12.5%)
- New Jersey (12.0%)
Chapters with at Least 5% Growth in Overall Membership
- Louisiana (51.4%)
- South Carolina (24.9%)
- Kentucky (23.3%)
- Mississippi (23.3%)
- North Dakota (19.0%)
- Alabama (16.3%)
- Nevada (16.1%)
- Tennessee (15.0%)
- Maine (10.9%)
- New Mexico (6.7%)
- Arizona (6.2%)
- Massachusetts (5.6%)
- North Carolina (5.1%)
- Maryland-D.C. (5.0%)
State Chapters Participating in the Social Media Campaign
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
FAQs (for state chapter leaders)
Is this year’s campaign the same as previous Sing Up Membership Drives?
- This #IamACDA campaign replaces what we did in previous fall membership drives. Instead of calling it a membership drive, in our public facing work we calling it the #IamACDA campaign and are highlighting members and ACDA services and benefits. The goal is to make ACDA’s work especially visible during this time, recruit new members, and keep our existing members. But there are some differences.
How is this year different from previous Sing Up Membership Drives?
- How we calculate membership growth. We’ll measure your state’s progress comparing your state membership numbers on Oct. 31 this year with what they were on that day last year. That will give us a better sense of your state’s progress over the past year.
- Your state is encouraged to participate in this communications campaign – with social media, emails, and your website.
How can my state chapter participate in the campaign?
- One of the easiest ways to participate is spreading the word through your social media, your website, and your emails. Just us in highlighting our members, showcasing our activities and services, and asking educators and conductors to join us. Below are some sample social media posts and graphics that you can use in addition to any you create yourself.
- Keep your chapter’s work connected with the national office and other chapters by using the hashtag #IamACDA with your posts!
- Ensure you stay up to date on campaign progress and added resources by opening and viewing the leadership emails you are sent from .
- Beginning now, make a personal invitation to some of your members to share their testimonial about why they joined ACDA, why they stayed, or what value they find from their membership. Share this form! All qualified submissions – meaning “serious” ones that a member thought about and submitted – will be entered into a drawing for one of our five boxes that include an ACDA t-shirt and swag! Deadline for entering drawing: Sep. 16, 2022.
How does the complimentary membership program work this year?
- Achieving reasonable renewal rates on free memberships takes some effort by state leaders. In general, the retention rate on those memberships from past years has been about 20 percent. So, this year, we are not “automatically” providing those to your state. However, you may have a good plan for using them! If so, please request them from the national office using this form. Those complimentary memberships will not count in your campaign totals unless those awarded last year renew this year!
- These memberships are for people who would be considered potential Active members – new or lapsed at least three years, hardship cases among current Active members, or to help graduating students have/keep an ACDA membership as they head into teaching positions. But we’re open to the ideas your state has!
How will the national office recognize and reward participation and results?
- We offer a variety of rewards and incentives to states based on their involvement and membership results. Take a look.
What are some ideas to use in growing membership?
- Contact recently lapsed members, encourage your members to refer new members, reach out to students about membership and student chapters. Click here for more suggestions.