This initiative is open only Sept. 15 – Nov. 15, 2020
This year, each state is receiving 20 complimentary Active memberships to award. State leaders decide who the best people to give them to are. Because of the special and challenging situation we are in due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we suggest two potential categories of eligibility:
- Traditionally, we have targeted these memberships to people who will be new to ACDA or whose membership has been expired at least 3 years, and they otherwise meet the requirements for Active membership.
- To allow you to assist your chapter membership, you are also authorized to use these complimentary membership to respond to hardship cases. Examples might be an established member who has lost their job, or whose income has been impacted.
If your state has additional people who qualify and a plan for special outreach and retention efforts for them, contact Sundra Flansburg (Director of Membership & Communications, at [email protected] or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200) about the possibility of authorizing additional comp memberships.
These memberships are designed to bring in new members for a trial year, with the hope and expectation that they will experience first-hand the benefits of ACDA membership and renew on their own next year.
Considerations for states
- Awardees should qualify for Active membership.
- Your state needs a Retention Plan. Only about 20% of complimentary memberships are renewed the following year. We can improve that by making a special effort with these members!
- No refunds can be given to people who have already joined as a regular ACDA member, but later receive a complimentary certificate. Check with the national office if you would like to make sure that the people you are considering are not already members.
- Complimentary memberships must be submitted by November 15, 2020. (If you have an excellent idea for using these memberships that falls outside this time range, please contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at [email protected] or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200. She can pre-approve those usages.)
Implementing the program
- This program is online this year! Please direct your awardees to the following Google form: http://bit.ly/2020ACDAComp
- You can keep track of who has activated their complimentary membership by regularly visiting this page and the list below. This list is updated daily.
- Once a new membership is processed, the ACDA national office will send the members a new member packet, as well as begin their subscription to Choral Journal. We strongly encourage states to proactively engage these members and check in with them throughout the year.
Questions? Contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at [email protected] or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200.
Activated complimentary memberships
The number in parentheses represents the total number of complimentary memberships that have been activated by new members for the state. The names listed following the state name are the actual complimentary memberships that have been received by the national office.
State Name (number activated) – Names of activated new members (*not counted in membership drive totals)
Arizona (1) – Jenny Jordon,
Missouri (3) – Emily Hines, Shelby McCoy, Kenny Kabak
New Jersey (11) – Richard Tinsley, Carol Beadle, Terrance Bell, Mindy Padalino, Michele Moore, Kaitlyn Reiser, Amy Six, Daniel Malloy, Susan Kirkland, Nancy Dickinson, John Hellyer
South Dakota (2) -Sylvia Larson, Megan Hanson,