This initiative is open only Sept. 15 – Nov. 15, 2020
This year, each state is receiving 20 complimentary Active memberships to award. State leaders decide who the best people to give them to are. Because of the special and challenging situation we are in due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we suggest two potential categories of eligibility:
- Traditionally, we have targeted these memberships to people who will be new to ACDA or whose membership has been expired at least 3 years, and they otherwise meet the requirements for Active membership.
- To allow you to assist your chapter membership, you are also authorized to use these complimentary membership to respond to hardship cases. Examples might be an established member who has lost their job, or whose income has been impacted.
If your state has additional people who qualify and a plan for special outreach and retention efforts for them, contact Sundra Flansburg (Director of Membership & Communications, at [email protected] or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200) about the possibility of authorizing additional comp memberships.
These memberships are designed to bring in new members for a trial year, with the hope and expectation that they will experience first-hand the benefits of ACDA membership and renew on their own next year.
Considerations for states
- Awardees should qualify for Active membership.
- Your state needs a Retention Plan. Only about 20% of complimentary memberships are renewed the following year. We can improve that by making a special effort with these members!
- No refunds can be given to people who have already joined as a regular ACDA member, but later receive a complimentary certificate. Check with the national office if you would like to make sure that the people you are considering are not already members.
- Complimentary memberships must be submitted by November 15, 2020. (If you have an excellent idea for using these memberships that falls outside this time range, please contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at [email protected] or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200. She can pre-approve those usages.)
Implementing the program
- This program is online this year! Please direct your awardees to the following Google form: http://bit.ly/2020ACDAComp
- You can keep track of who has activated their complimentary membership by regularly visiting this page and the list below. This list is updated daily.
- Once a new membership is processed, the ACDA national office will send the members a new member packet, as well as begin their subscription to Choral Journal. We strongly encourage states to proactively engage these members and check in with them throughout the year.
Questions? Contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at [email protected] or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200.
Activated complimentary memberships
The number in parentheses represents the total number of complimentary memberships that have been activated by new members for the state. The names listed following the state name are the actual complimentary memberships that have been received by the national office.
State Name (number activated) – Names of activated new members (*not counted in membership drive totals)
Arizona (1) – Jenny Jordon,
California (35) – Juhi Bansal, Melissa Fletcher, Melissa Martinez, Wilfred Mathews, Yumiko Shiraiwa, Valerie Ayabe, Jerome Diebold, Susan Mehra, Jennifer Stanley, Shannon Beattie, William Burkhead, Tammy L. Carstersen, Christopher Cazneaux, Kellori Dower, Amy Dunyon, Eric Dyer, Janson Erece, Cactus Sam Harris, Kaitlin Holt, Dana O’Dell, Sang Park, Katherine Puck, Emelynn Montoya, Linda Escobar, Erika Kleinert, Barbara Ramos, Vanessa Yearsley, Jennifer Brown, Betty Diehl, Charles Fleming, Lydia Saxton, Heather Waid, Amelia Thompson, Lee Lee Truong-Sawicki, Clarice Olson
Colorado (1) – Lizabeth Barnett,
Connecticut (4) – Clare Callahan, Chanell Childers, Steven Fasano, Jennifer Fatone,
Georgia (17) – Kimberly Blue, Caleb Cole, Christine Hauert, Kanisha Howard, Quinyonia Kearse, Velma Page Jenkins, Brentic Richardson, Tammara Shipes, Gregory Slusher, Ashley S. Williams, Samuel McPhee, Jr., Kathryn Miranda, Loren Simon, Todd Cento, Austin Boyett, Ladell Fortune, Noelle Gast,
Illinois (16) – Sarah Seymour, Katie Bruton, Jeri Cardiff, Kimberly F. Carlos, Danielle Donaldson, Johnny Lammersfeld, DoLisha Miller-Pleasant, Jenilyn Roether, Holly Schmidt, Kayley Smetana, Jamie Styrczula, Hayley Gotzche, Brian Jozwiak, Michael Popplewell, Drayton Eggleson, Lawrence Fisher,
Indiana (7) – Pamela Buckley, Christin Whitton Legler, Sally, Calland, Sarah Bennett, Kyra Campbell, Parris Howard, Nicole James,
Iowa (1)– Victoria Cichoski
Kansas (3) – Zachary Shoemaker, Jacob Sweatt, Mikhail Yeremin
Kentucky (7) – Robert Bozeman, Robert Gammon, Demetrius Mason-Walker, William Mason-Walker, Theresa K. Russell, Sloan Burroughs, Selena Walker
Maine (6) – Bethany Perkins Hall, Ashley Albert, Nadine Baker, Kimberly Grover, Malinda Haslett, Tanya West,
Maryland (1) – Kelly Butler,
Michigan (12) – Matthew Packer, Ryan Dawley, Raphael Price, Nancy Blout, Juli Dick, Laura Dunbar, Cindy Moore, Brenda Zahn, Stacy Clore, Renee Vande Wege, Ursula Mason, Jeffrey Zurkan
Minnesota (21) – Noah Anderson, Illana Peter, Jenna Udenberg, Emily Lech, Sean Benz, Kade Davidson, Jennifer Humke, Emma Jirele, Grace Simpson, Derek Bebeau, Adam Gruendemann, Eric Harstad, Carey Kopp, Clare Malinowski, Adam Miller, Donovan Hanson, Jacob Kempenich, Daniel Olson, Susan Thomas, Leandra Craigmile, Gwynne Mishler,
Missouri (13) – Emily Hines, Shelby McCoy, Kenny Kabak, Keaton Denny, Gabriella Kamp, Hannah Guilford, Suzanne Palmer, Robin Reynolds, Taylor Bryson, Lacey Gladden, Marcharr Heisel, Lindsey Swaney, Rose Fischer
Montana (3) – Sari MacArthur, Daniel McDonald, Heide Brandin
New Hampshire (7) – Julie Gray, Laura Green, Jonathan Way, Alex Ager, Sarah Dan Jones, Mike Phoenix, Jennifer Erdody,
New Jersey (13) – Richard Tinsley, Carol Beadle, Terrance Bell, Mindy Padalino, Michele Moore, Kaitlyn Reiser, Amy Six, Daniel Malloy, Susan Kirkland, Nancy Dickinson, John Hellyer, Kathleen Singh, *Stephanie Tubiolo
New York (19) – Jenny Gac, Kristina Ruffo, Kathryn O’Brien, Amelia O’Hara, Katherine Gould, Jennifer Chudacik, Siobhan Decker, Kacie Doty, Amy Hoskins, Austin Kiley, Erin Bonner, Brittany Carroll, Erin Wilday, Keilah Figueroa, Andrea Galeno, Rachel Kerr, Kristina Koonz, Deborah Tartell, Matthew Workman
North Dakota (8) – Jessica Angstman, Elizabeth Haaland, Andrew Mientek, Elise Opp, Katrina Shumway, Emily Anderson, Hannah Heid, Patrick McGuire
Ohio (21) – Ellyn Barbieri, Courtney Boswell, Courtney Grisier, Micahel-Benjamin Minotti, Noah Ott, Aaron Roos, Angela Klimaytis, Megan Dendler, Franklin Miller, Kelsey D Burkett, Christina Suppo, Samantha Bricknell, Cassie Howard, Hunter John, Brigette Rizzo, Melanie Smith, Rayna Brooks, Maria Clopton-Zymler, Brian M Hathaway, Tyler Robertson, Alyssa Schott,
Oregon (3) – Jordan Moody, Jessica Isarels, *Carrie Friedrich
Pennsylvania (17) – Craig Albert, Melissa Black, Jeffrey Fox, Justin Myers, Matthew Derby, Robert Ricker, Lauren van Thiel, Corey Axler, Jamie Bowman, Amy Burghdorf, Benjamin Filippone, Ashley Graziani, Eric Griffith, Brandon Remp, Lee Saville-Iksic, B. Lauren Thomas-Moyett, Erik Welchans
South Dakota (2) -Sylvia Larson, Megan Hanson,
Tennessee (19) – Demetria Barnes, Tyler Meridith, Gerald Patton, Lorna Pyka, Julie Schwarz, Michael Chester, Caleb Dinger, Ally Hard, Kaitlyn Hopkins, Marques J. Ruff, Hannah Feathers, Samantha Altman, Calvin Ellis, Mary Margaret Moore, Allison Stokes, Franklin Willis, Allen Christian, Andrew Smith, Christina Watson
Virginia (17) – Will Griffin, Carrie Haacke-Golden, Joseph McNulty, Ariel Mitchell, Kathryn Morgan, Alyssa Shell, Cassie Giordana, Abigail Graham, Kristen Melzer, Margarete Rabe, Cari Belcher, Ryan Blevins, Melodie Henderson, Xochilt Melendez-Munguia, Doray Walker, *Alton Peters, *Heather Vineyard
Vermont (15) – Shannon Bonsignore, Alexander Brady, Robert Flahive, Johanna Fournier, Lydia Ham, Billy Ray Poli, Patricia Riley, Lynn Sweet, Molly Tobin, Lori Routheri, Marie Dunbar-Cloutier, Saigelyn Green, Lori Marino, Armand Messier, Heather Schoppmann,
Washington (6) – Katherine Carruthers, Margaret Croskrey, Shaylynn Gould, Craig Schell, *Kelsey Barnes, *Landon Wynne
Wisconsin (16) – Curt Hart, Jessica Mark, Lisa Dittlof, Kari Sena Gordon, Elisa Jefferson, Amy Maack, McKenna Pulda, Brianna Santelli, Erica L Johnson, *Larua Rollin, *Sarah Grove Locke, *Courtney Lindl, *Christopher Powers, *Tyme Baez, *Marie McManama, *David Olson
Updated 12/01/2020 4:00 pm Central
*form received after 11/15/2020