In addition to the Membership Chair Handbook and Member Retention Toolkit for ACDA State Chapters available from the Leadership Tools page, we offer some of the following ideas and suggestions for use in planning for the membership drive.
Recruiting New Members
Resources especially for, or of interest to, students can be found on the Resources for Student Members page.
- Make use of the two incentive programs now being offered states and members: (1) the Complimentary Membership Program and (2) the Student Membership Initiative.
- Consider appropriate program modifications for the Student or Complimentary Memberships Programs if you feel those would make the programs better suited to your state’s needs.
- Contact recently lapsed members. The most commonly provided reason that people give for recent membership lapses is that they forgot to renew, or thought they had. For a list of your state’s recently expired members, contact our membership & communications coordinator ([email protected]).
- Reconnect with former members and invite them to rejoin. You can obtain a list from the ACDA national office of your state’s expired memberships. Contact our membership & communications coordinator ([email protected]).
- Talk with Active ACDA members based in colleges and universities about establishing ACDA student chapters. Do you know where student chapters are located in your state? Check the “National List of Student Chapters” on the Student page.
Other Membership Drive Resources
Facebook Group for Membership Chairs. “ACDA Membership Chairs” is a group specifically for membership chairs at the state and division levels to post questions and share experiences. Please join this community if you are a membership chair, share your progress and questions, and read others’ posts.
Facebook Group for Presidents and President-elect. “ACDA Leadership – State Presidents/Pres. Elect” was created to be a gathering place for current state leadership. If you hold that ACDA office, please request to join.
To download, right click and select “Save Image As.”