2023 National Conference Composer Fair
Call for Composers
Hosted by the ACDA Composition Initiatives National Standing Committee
Robert Bode, Composer Fair Coordinator
The 2023 ACDA National Conference will feature a Composer Fair held in conjunction with the conference Exhibit Happy Hour on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. The Composer Fair is a meet-and-greet opportunity for ACDA members to have quality face time with composers from the U.S. and abroad. Distinct from the exhibit hall area, the Composer Fair will be a two-hour ‘pop-up’ experience, where members can all gather in the same space and move from table to table, interacting with and conversing with composers of many ages, genres, backgrounds, and traditions. Members will gain valuable time with composers of the music they love, and composers can meet directors to forge new partnerships for mutual benefit. Admission to the Composer Fair is free to all conference attendees. The Composer Fair will be located on the 2nd floor of the Duke Energy Center, where all attendees will need to pass on their way to the 3rd floor Exhibit Hall space. This will be a prime location for networking and engagement with attendees.
To Secure Your Composer Fair Table:
- Composers must be an individual active or industry member of ACDA
- Cost for the Composer Fair is $100, which includes 1 table (4’ x 2’) and 2 chairs
- There are a limited number of spaces available and spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The limit is dictated by space codes in Cincinnati.
- Conference registration is not required to secure your Composer Fair table. However, composers are highly encouraged to register and attend the entire conference to network with ACDA members throughout the week. Learn more about the National Conference at www.acda.org/conferences.
Deadlines, Policies, & Structure:
- In order to be listed in the February Choral Journal National Program Book, you must register on or before December 1, 2022. After December 1, additions will be listed in the conference app only.
- Composers are encouraged to bring their own complimentary materials to distribute.
- Composers are not allowed to sell hard copies of their scores during the fair. You may encourage attendees to purchase your works online, but you may not set up a point of sale at the Composer Fair.
- Composers are provided with one table (4’ x 2’) and two chairs. The table will have a solid tablecloth on it. No A/V equipment or electric outlets will be provided as part of the reserved space.
- Table assignments are made by the ACDA staff and will be assigned the day of the event.
- One table per composer. Sharing the table with another composer is not allowed. Composers may co-host a poet/lyricist at their table. Only the composers name will be listed in the ACDA program book.
- Registration for the Composer Fair does not allow access to the full conference. To attend any other portion of the conference, you will need to register for the conference. More information can be found at www.acda.org/conferences.
- If you have an interest in expanding your reach to ACDA members during the entire conference, you can secure a booth in our Exhibit Hall. For more information on exhibiting, go to https://acda.org/about-us/advertising-exhibiting.
To Reserve Your Table:
To purchase online: CLICK HERE
For questions about purchasing your table: Sindy Hail,
For questions about the operations of the Composer Fair: Robert Bode at