Most ACDA member benefits are available to students. Some that are especially for students and young professionals include:
- Choral Journal in e-journal format, which regularly includes columns aimed at student interests
- ACDA’s electronic journals ChorTeach (for the music educator) and the International Journal for Research in Choral Singing (for scholarly choral articles)
Publish in the “Student Times” section of Choral Journal (for information, contact Student Times editor, Jason Paulk)
- Full conference and state meetings options, including graduate credit and Continuing Education Units for qualifying national and regional conference activities
- Student scholarships sometimes available to national and some regional conferences
Student Competitions and Awards
Graduate student conducting competition
Undergraduate student conducting masterclass
Student composition competitions
Outstanding Student Chapter Award
Outstanding doctoral research award: Julius Herford Dissertation Prize
- ACDA Student Chapters. Want to find out if your campus has an existing chapter? Do you want to start a chapter? Click here for more
- ACDA Mentoring Program, a choral conductor mentoring program
Ready to Join?
We have a special running, for students, July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021, which gives new and renewing student members membership for $5. Join or Renew now!