This webinar will focus on the aging singing voice in community choirs, but the information will be equally relevant to directors of church choirs and other settings with mature adult singers. Professional development certificate available to those attending the Zoom session. The webinar will also be streamed on ACDA’s Facebook page.
Professional development certificate available to those attending the Zoom session. The webinar will also be streamed on ACDA’s Facebook page.
Looking Forward: Inspiration for Revitalizing Your Middle School and High School Choirs – June 8, 2021 (5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET)
Hosted by the ACDA Education and Communication Committee
ACDA offered a free webinar with ideas and resources for middle school and high school choral educators, with host Dr. Jamila McWhirter (chair of ACDA’s Education and Communication Committee). Featured panelists were Gretchen Grace Harrison, Chris Munce, and Vincent Oakes. Session handouts and presentations used in the session:
- Vincent Oakes: The Adolescent Changing Voice: Physiology, Psychology, and Pedagogy “Post-COVID”
- Chris Munce: The Core of Recruiting
Church Music Re-Enters Worship – April 26, 2021 (1:00 p.m. PT / 4:00 p.m. ET)
Co-hosted by ACDA and Church Music Institute
ACDA & the Church Music Institute offered a free webinar on choral music in worship, featuring Charlotte Kroeker, Terre Johnson, Zeb Highben, Tim Sharp, and Bryan Black. Session handouts and resources mentioned in the webinar:
- Charlotte Kroeker: Liturgy for Pentecost
- Charlotte Kroeker: A Tour of CMI Online Libraries
- Zebulon Highben: Beyond Special Music
- Tim Sharp: Choral Journal Review of his book, by Philip Copeland
- ACDA Music in Worship Repertoire Page