ACDA will offer scholarship support for eligible students for the National Honor Choirs. Funding is limited and distribution will be made using a combination of first-come, first-served and the intent to distribute funds across state and region representation in the requests. Here’s what you need to know to apply:
- Only the ACDA sponsor may submit the scholarship application. Applications received from anyone other than the ACDA sponsor will be disqualified.
- The ACDA sponsor will need the following information to fill out the form:
- Your ACDA member number
- The student’s email address
- The choir the student is selected for AND if high school, whether or not you are applying for registration costs only or housing as well.
- A name and email address for the student’s guardian/contact
- Does the student qualify for a free or reduced price meals program? (Yes, No, Do not know)
- What % of the cost will the family be able to contribute? We do not want to assume that every family wants or needs 100% support. We should honor the contribution that the family can make. Please discuss with the student and their family what amount they expect to be able to contribute to the cost of the honor choir. You will then tell us whether the family can contribute 25%, 50%, 75% or no funding to the cost. We want to spread the scholarship funding as far as possible and we know that families very often want to do as much as they can.
No additional information is required for the application.
The scholarship application deadline is November 10, 2022. Notifications will be sent to all applicants by November 13, 2022. Extensions on payment deadlines may be extended for scholarship applicants.