Thank you to our conference sponsors!
Notice: Immersion Choirs for Gold and Blue Track are full and are no longer available.
ACDA 2023: A Place of Belonging
Belonging is fundamental to being human. In our choirs, within our institutions, and as members of the greater chorus of humanity, belonging to a community means that each member is heard, understood, seen, and valued.
The 2023 National Conference in Cincinnati welcomes us all back in person to a place where we can celebrate our diversity and affinities, eliminate barriers, and inspire each other towards collective action ensuring that everyone feels they belong to our shared journey.
- The May Festival Chorus & Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, (Juanjo Mena, conductor) featuring a world premiere by James Lee III
- The Jason Max Ferdinand Singers
- The Crossing (Donald Nally, conductor) featuring the premier of the Brock Commission by Jennifer Higdon
National Honor Choirs (Audition information available in June; Auditions open in September)
- Elementary, conducted by Fernando Malvar-Ruiz
- MS/JH Mixed, conducted by Andrea Ramsey
- HS SATB, conducted by Eugene Rogers
- HS SSAA, conducted by Pearl Shangkuan
Conference Attendee Immersion Choirs
- Latinoamérica Immersion Choir: Maria Guinand, conductor
- Black Diaspora Immersion Choir: Donald Dumpson, conductor
- Indigenous People’s Immersion Choir: Jace Saplan, conductor
- Jazz Immersion Choir: Matt Falker, conductor
- Dozens of Auditioned Choirs
- Scores of Interest and Insight Choir Sessions
- National Collegiate Conductor’s Institute, featuring Graduate & Undergraduate student masterclasses and conducting pedagogy sessions
Click here to view the schedule
- Music in Worship: How Good and Pleasant: the Song of Belonging, an interfaith event presented in partnership with–and within–the magnificent Plum Street Temple
- Composers Fair and dedicated Composer Room to network with your favorite composers
- Pre-Conference Welcome Concert: Your Hand and Mine, featuring the Cincinnati Youth Choir (Robyn Reeves Lana, conductor), the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music Chamber Choir (Joe Miller, conductor), and combined Cincinnati-area high school choirs (Henry Leck, conductor)
…and so much more, all within our amazing venues:
- Cincinnati Music Hall
- Aronoff Center Theaters
- Plum Street Temple
- Duke Energy Convention Center for all interest sessions, exhibits, and publisher showcases