The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence and nurture lifelong involvement in choral music for everyone through education, performance, composition and advocacy.
To create powerful artistic experiences and be advocates for cultural and educational change that we might transform people’s lives.
In pursuit of our Mission and Vision, we will review and implement recommendations from the 2020 Diversity Study and input from our membership to ensure ACDA pursues accessibility, diversity, equity, and inclusion through choral singing and outreach to potential choral participants.
- To foster and promote choral singing, which will provide artistic, cultural, and spiritual experiences for the participants.
- To foster and promote the finest types of choral music to make these experiences possible.
- To foster and encourage rehearsal procedures conducive to attaining the highest possible level of musicianship and artistic performance.
- To foster and promote the organization and development of choral groups of all types in schools and colleges.
- To foster and promote the development of choral music in the church and synagogue.
- To foster and promote the organization and development of choral societies in cities and communities.
- To foster and promote understanding of choral music as an important medium of contemporary artistic expression.
- To foster and promote significant research in the field of choral music.
- To foster and encourage choral composition of superior quality.
- To cooperate with all organizations dedicated to the development of musical culture in America.
- To foster and promote international exchange programs involving performing groups, conductors, and composers.
- To disseminate professional news and information about choral music.
- To foster and promote choral singing in the pursuit of peace and justice that enhances social and emotional well-being.
- To foster and promote diversity and inclusivity through active engagement with underrepresented choral musicians and potential choral participants.
The association is made up of fifty state chapters, as well as a chapter in Costa Rica, each with its own events and publications.
ACDA Position Statements
COVID-19 Pandemic Statement
ACDA Released Statements
On the Murder of George Floyd and the Impacts of Racism (June 3, 2020)
In Response to Recent Events in Charlottesville, Virginia (August 21, 2017)