You have a choice in comp memberships
Traditional Complimentary membership program
Would you like to be able to utilize some free Active memberships this fall? Rather than allotting a standard number to each state this year, we ask state leadership to request them via this form. Each state is receiving ten (10) complimentary Active memberships to award. State leaders decide who best to give them to with this in mind:
- should be used with Active or potential Active members
- are for new members or members who have had lapsed membership at least three years
- can be used effectively to help current students who are graduating and headed into teaching classrooms to continue their relationship with ACDA
- could be used for hardship cases when a current member doesn’t have the funds to pay dues for one year
If your state has additional people who qualify and a plan for special outreach and retention efforts for them, contact Trina Kopacka (Membership Experience Manager, , 405.232.8161, ext 110) about the possibility of authorizing additional comp memberships.
These memberships are designed to bring in new members for a trial year, with the hope and expectation that they will experience first-hand the benefits of ACDA membership and renew on their own next year.
Considerations for states
- Awardees should qualify for Active membership.
- Your state needs a Retention Plan. Only about 20% of complimentary memberships are renewed the following year. We can improve that by making a special effort with these members!
- No refunds can be given to people who have already joined as a regular ACDA member but later receive a complimentary certificate. Check with the national office to ensure that the people you are considering are not already members.
- Complimentary memberships must be submitted by June 30, 2024.
- You must report your results.
Implementing the program
- This program is online again this year! Please get in touch with Trina Kopacka at for the application link.
- You can track who has activated their complimentary membership by regularly visiting the Google Sheet shared with you when your state was approved. If you need that link, email Trina Kopacka at .
- Once a new membership is processed, the ACDA national office will send the members a new member packet, as well as begin their subscription to Choral Journal. We strongly encourage states to proactively engage these members and check in with them throughout the year.
Questions? Contact Trina Kopacka, ACDA Membership Experience Manager, at or by phone at 405.232.8161, ext 110.