This initiative is open only Sept. 15 – Nov. 15, 2021
This year, each state is receiving 10 complimentary Active memberships to award. State leaders decide who the best people to give them to are. Because of the special and challenging situation, we are in due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we suggest two potential categories of eligibility:
- Traditionally, we have targeted these memberships to people who will be new to ACDA or whose membership has been expired at least 3 years, and they otherwise meet the requirements for Active membership.
- To allow you to assist your chapter membership, you are also authorized to use these complimentary membership to respond to hardship cases. Examples might be an established member who has lost their job, or whose income has been impacted.
If your state has additional people who qualify and a plan for special outreach and retention efforts for them, contact Sundra Flansburg (Director of Membership & Communications, at or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200) about the possibility of authorizing additional comp memberships.
These memberships are designed to bring in new members for a trial year, with the hope and expectation that they will experience first-hand the benefits of ACDA membership and renew on their own next year.
Considerations for states
- Awardees should qualify for Active membership.
- Your state needs a Retention Plan. Only about 20% of complimentary memberships are renewed the following year. We can improve that by making a special effort with these members!
- No refunds can be given to people who have already joined as a regular ACDA member, but later receive a complimentary certificate. Check with the national office if you would like to make sure that the people you are considering are not already members.
- Complimentary memberships must be submitted by November 15, 2021. (If you have an excellent idea for using these memberships that falls outside this time range, please contact Sundra Flansburg, Director of Membership & Communications, at or (405) 232-8161, ext. 200. She can pre-approve those usages.)
Implementing the program
- This program is online again this year! Please direct your awardees to the following Google form: http://bit.ly/2021ACDAComp
- You can keep track of who has activated their complimentary membership by regularly visiting this page and the list below. This list is updated daily.
- Once a new membership is processed, the ACDA national office will send the members a new member packet, as well as begin their subscription to Choral Journal. We strongly encourage states to proactively engage these members and check in with them throughout the year.
Activated complimentary memberships
The number in parentheses represents the total number of complimentary memberships that have been activated by new members for the state. The names listed following the state name are the actual complimentary memberships that have been received by the national office.
2021 Complementary Membership were awarded as follows:
State Name (number activated) – Names of activated new members (*not counted in membership drive totals)
Arizona (2) – Selena Ryan, Justing Jenkins,
Arkansas (1) – Oscar Quiroz,
California (13) – Joshua Landin, Karen Long, Kaitlyn Mensen, Jessica Nguyen, Kirstyn Smith, Celeste Wilson, Nancy Sapp, Kellie Cunningham, Jack Curtis Dubowsky, Andy Riggs, Dana Stanford, Elissa Butler, Elena Rodriquez,
Connecticut (1) – Katherine Jones,
Delaware (2) – Sarah Boone, Aubrey Everett,
Georgia (6) – Jenifer Beaver, Susan Hertlein, Katie Hurley, Heidi A. Long, Mary Miller, Elena Prestwood,
Illinois (7) – Andrew Wallace, Justin Knautz, Buch Heidi, Butcher Melanie, Angela Chase, Gwen Roseberg, Hanna Samawi, Logan Jones,
Indiana (4) – Kara Joy Baker, Madeline Beeson, Lauren Blume, Sarah Miller,
Maine (6) – Benjamin Holbrook, Jeffrey Maynard, Bernice Stanley, Katie McFarland, Tammy Caruson, Renovia Marro-Day,
Maryland (3) – Gabrielle Cuppett, Julia Grandison, Charnice Frazier
Massachusettes (1) – Rebecca Pacuk,
Michigan (8) – Benjamin Cunningham, Tyler Dargis, Brandon Keike, Amanda Kruk, Andrew Schafer, Stephanie Schall-Brazee, Ashley Larimer-Kelly, Todd Vipond, Heather Smith,
Minnesota (2) – Laura Peterson, Carey Shunskies,
Missouri (13) – Rachel Buttram, Sarah Dobson, Lillian Fisher, Brian Hargrave, Andrea Huckabay, Veronica Jones, Shannon McFarland, Abbey Ordway, Haley Yonke, Hayleight Albers, Josiah Ketterman, Tiffany Ketterman, Gabriel Murphy,
Montana (4) – Connie Chausse, Erik Heuchert, Angie Langeiers, Douglas Olson,
Nebraska (2) – Tye Hanke, Kristi Robison,
Nevada (1) – Michelle McCauley,
New Hampshire (8) – Colleen Macdonald, Kevin Fisher, Julia Horaj, Jake Hudgins, Amy Moldoff, Kristen Rayho, Claire McIver, Ashley Rose,
New Jersey (10) – Lyndsey Larsen, Christine Nowmos, Kelly Ruggieri, Brian Strometz, David Taylor, Caroline Voyack, Caela Johnson, David Malyszk, Blaze Dalio, Kayode Gloster, Ciera Scire,
New York (5) – Kaitlyn Koch, Gina Costanza, Emily Denler, Kyle Garcia, Antoine Dolberry,
North Carolina (10) – Andrew Dancy, Eric Langer, Melissa Burris, Kim Demery, Roy Harris, Kelly Hruska, Lemar Martin, Samantha Robertson, Nathan Sebens, Nicholas Shoaf,
North Dakota (8) – Colt Lien, Dominque Lloyd, Riley Loeks, Kirsten Lynch, Alexia Rusch, Jordan Boehm, Christina Winslow, Cade Bestland,
Ohio (10) – Janie Burwick, Morgan Fredrick, Joan Waldorf, Mary Bateman, Daryl Flemming, Pamela Welsh-Huggins, Steven Chambers, Nathan Moses, Noah Shireman, Kelsey DeMange, Joan Walldorf
Oklahoma (4) – Melissa Hall, Bobbi Elkanely, Aaron Pierce, Carrie Brook Hoipkemier,
Oregon (4) – William Dolan, Anna Smoll, Kyle Ward, Bailey Halleen,
Pennsylvania (10) – Andrea Burleigh, Ari Carrillo, John Madas, Sara Robbins, Daniel Behler, Tom Hartwell, Lisa Marcellus, Benjamin Watson, Autumn Deck, Brian Hart,
South Carolina (7) – Mikayla McClear, Darby Pereira, Lauren Willis, Meghan Elizabeth Lovell, Mandy Keathley, Shelby Thompson, Kaitlyn Curlee,
South Dakota (9) – Megan Hofer, Sheri Hold, Lilianna Mallak, Jean Morrison, Eric Bliss, Sonja Waltner, Aliexis Hauf, Michael J. Koranda,
Tennessee (2) – Elicia Garcia, Lucy Alegria,
Virginia (9) – Laura Million, Devin Rivera, Sherry Doyle, Cari Belcher, Zachary Cooke, Elizabeth Selby, Lisa Flowers, Ariel Mitchell, Damaris-Lydia Odebode,
Vermont (2) – Marie Vaine, Hiedi Allen,
*Washington (12) – *Vanessa Bruce, *Anne Chappell, *Julia Gorordo, *Rochelle Hume, *Alexenda Magistral, *Bailey Maya, *Catherine Mayhew, *Stephen O’Bent, *Blake Saunders, *Melia Williams, *Anca Wilson, *Jason Zions
Updated 12/9/2021 10:30 am CST